Print Manager Plus is a software-based printing management solution for company of all sizes to set print quota, restriction, security rules in order to achieve cost saving. It lets you set limits by specifying what your employees can and can’t print. If you concern that a particular printer is being used for personal purposes, you can simply monitor the print jobs to collect information, then do something about it.
The scalability of Print Manager Plus has been engineered for any size Workgroup, Network, or Enterprise. Whether you are a small business with only 2 printers or a business with 500 users, or an entire enterprise with multiple locations and thousands of users and printers, Print Manager Plus can be easily installed and administered. Scalable to any size as the company grows, it will audit, track, restrict, control, manage, and secure your printing infrastructure.
Track and Audit Printing
Network Data Audited: Print Jobs being routed through a print server will all be audited no matter what operating system the print job is originating from. Once the print job has spooled through the print driver Print Manager Plus will audit data from Network Sources such as Workgroups, Active Directory, and LDAP. Data collected include User, User Group, Organizational Unit, Printer Name, Printer IP, Server, Printer Group, Workstation Name, Workstation IP, Custom Active Directory fields.
Print Job Data Audited: Print Job data is translated into specific datasets which can be used for full featured auditing and cost analysis. Data collected include Pages, Copies, Color, Duplex, Nup, Page Size, Document Title, Bandwidth, Cost, Square Unit and Linear Job Length, for Large Format Printers.
Printers Audited: Print Manager Plus supports a wide range of printer, includeing Dot Matrix, Inkjets, LaserJets, Multifunctional devices, Large Format Printers, and Plotters.
Print Manager Plus can set Quotas and Restrictions. Quotas and Restrictions can be set on a single or multiple users, user groups, and organizational units. Restrictions can be set directly on a printer or group of printers. Default settings can be turned on for new Users, and Printers added to the Active Directory.
If a print job has been denied because of a restriction or a quota has been met, Print Manager Plus can automatically be set to Pause the print job or Delete the print job. Pop-Up messages can then be automatically sent to the user’s workstation explaining why the print job was denied. Low balance pop up messages can also be sent when a user gets close to his quota.
- Set printing account balance by all printers.
- Set multiple printing balances per a group of printers.
- Supports all currencies.
- Set page balance.
- Balances can be deducted by set page costs and deductions with factors such as; B/W, Color, Page Size, Duplex, and N-Up printing.
- Set Quotas to reset by day, week, month, or year.
- Set Quotas to accumulate by day, week, month, or year.
- Supports Negative balances.
- Supports separate Cash Balance.
- Set multiple restrictions on a User, User Group, Organization Unit, and Printer.
- Deny printing for print jobs over X number of pages.
- Deny printing if document size is over X amount of Bytes, Kilobytes, or Megabytes.
- Only Deny or Only Allow printing based on strings or words in the document title.
- Deny printing if the print job is color.
- Deny printing if the print job is Black and White.
- Deny printing if the number of copies of a print job exceeds X amount.
- Deny printing if the document is reprinted within so many seconds. This handles accidental duplicate printing.
- Deny printing based on time of day. This allows you to set a Black Out time when all printing is denied.
- Only Deny or Only Allow printing if the document is set to print Duplex.
- Deny printing based of the maximum Job Cost allowed per printer, user, group or organizational unit.
- Deny or Allow printing by users who are not recognized by Active Directory.
- Enforce Print Job Verification at Workstation.
- Enforce Print Job Verification at Release Station (optional).
- Supports Sarbanes-Oxley compliancy.
- Supports HIPAA compliancy.
- Supports Data Protection Acts compliancy.
Print Job Verification
Print Manager Plus comes with a Print Job Verification application. The Print Job Verification tool can be installed locally on a workstation running Windows or remotely through Active Directory. The functionality allows an Administrator to turn this on by printer.
When a user prints, their print job is paused on the print server in the print queue. Print Manager Plus sends a message to the user and the Print Job Verification tool pops up on the computer screen. It supplies the user with the exact print job data, such as: Document Name, # of Pages, Page Size, B/W, Color, Print Job Cost, and the new user account balance, if he then decides to print the job. The user then has a set amount of time to either allow the job to print, or delete the job. If neither is done the print job is automatically deleted from the print queue on the server.
Using IIS to run from, the Release Station working with Print Manager Plus will allow many different scenarios for Schools, Libraries, Healthcare, Insurance, and Corporate customers. Integrated with all of your print queues the Release Station can be placed anywhere there is a web based or intranet connection. Users will be prompted for their Username and Password. Once logged in they can view there print job, and choose to Print it or Delete it, or even pay for it!
Print Manager Plus uses two different ways to send messages back to end users when a quota, restriction, or security rule has been met. First the product will try to use the Windows Messenger service. If this is unavailable then messaging can be used in conjunction with the Print Manager Plus End User Inquiry Tool.
Print Manager Plus comes with an End User Inquiry Tool application. The End User Inquiry Tool can be installed locally on a workstation running Windows or remotely through Active Directory. This program sits in the Windows tray and is started whenever a user logs into Windows. When the user places there mouse pointer over the trey icon it will tell them their current print quota balance and the number of pages they have printed.
- Automatically Delete a Print Job when a Quota, Restriction, or Security rule has been met.
- Automatically Pause a Print Job when a Quota, Restriction, or Security rule has been met.
- Quota low balance warning message
- Quota has been met message.
- Individual Restrictions have been met message.
- User not recognized by Active Directory message.
Print Manager Plus can be licensed by a Workgroup, Single Server or an entire Enterprise wide server network.
Print Manager Plus Workgroup Edition is licensed per workstation. It covers up to 100 workstations in a single workgroup. These agents support direct IP printing and locally connected printers. The Small Business version of this edition is limited to 10 Workstations. Maintenance is included and covers Upgrades/Updates and Phone support for 1 Year from date of purchase.
Print Manager Plus Single Server Edition is licensed for a single Windows Server and supports only one print server connection to a local SQL Express database. It covers unlimited users and unlimited shared printers on the print server. Multi-Print server setups are not allowed. Maintenance is included and covers Upgrades/Updates and Phone support for 1 Year from date of purchase. The Small Business version of this edition is limited to 35 Users and 5 printers in addition to being limited to a single server.
Print Manager Plus Enterprise Edition is licensed per a Windows Server and allows multiple server connections to a single Print Manager Plus database. Local or remote Microsoft SQL Databases are permitted with this edition and can be shared with Print Servers (running Enterprise Edition). It covers unlimited users and unlimited shared printers on each print server license purchased. Maintenance is included and covers Upgrades/Updates and Phone support for 1 Year from date of purchase. The Small Business version of this edition is limited to 35 Users and 5 printers (per print server running SBE), and can be used for remote (Satellite) offices in conjunction with the
Click on the following imae to view video demonstration. Download a 30 days trail for evaluation is the best way to experient Print Manager Plus.
To avoid ordering the wrong software edition, please call us to find the best license configuration that fit your environment.